Basil Shrimp Fettuccine is a western dish with colorful combination of firm shrimp, bright spices and fettuccine pasta. Garlic and basil add fresh flavor to the light sauce that coats this dish. It’s a fast favorite that tastes like you fussed.
– 200 g fettuccine pasta
– 5 cloves of garlic
– 1 onion
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 butter
– 1 lemon
– 3 basil leaves
– 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 1/2 cup evaporated milk
– 1/4 cup flour
– 1 tomato
– 1 bell pepper
– 1 lb fresh shrimps
1. Prepare the ingredients, remove the shell of the shrimp, chop or mince the garlic, onions, bell pepper, basil leaves and tomato. Grate the lemon to produce lemon zest.
2. In a bowl, combine flour and evaporated milk stir thoroughly. Set aside.
3. Boil water and cook pasta according to package directions.
4. Heat cooking pot and melt the butter then put and cook the raw shrimps for 3 minutes or until pinkish orange in color.
5. In a separate cooking pan heat the olive oil then saute the minced garlic and onion. Add the diced tomatoes as well and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add the flour and milk mixture in the pot. Mix well.
7. Add lemon zest, salt and ground black pepper. Stir thoroughly
8. Put-in the cooked shrimps and add chopped basil leaves. Stir thoroughly for a minute.
9. Put the fettuccine pasta and mix thoroughly until well-combined.
10. Transfer in a serving bowl and garnish with sliced lemon.
11. Serve well. Share and enjoy!