Dishui Lake – Shanghai | Cities in China Video
Dishui Lake is the existing largest artificial freshwater lake in China and is a landmark project in the main urban area of Shanghai Lingang New City. It is also big circular man-made lake and future site of new harbor city.
The main urban area of Dishui Lake is the urban comprehensive life service area with 5.6 km² Dishui Lake as its center.
Features of Dishui Lake – Shanghai | Cities in China Video
- The design concept of the Dishui Lake derived from the overall planning program provided by GMP Co., Germany. The concept is a drop of water from the sky fall into the sea with ripple floating layer upon layer; the location of the water-drop form the Dishui lake which has the diameter of 2.5 kilometers and an area of 5.66 km².
- In order to improve the water’s quality in Dishui Lake, a riverway was built in Nanhui district to introduce the water of Dazhi -an artificial river into the Dishui Lake and make the water clearer by using some ecological and biological treatment methods.
- There are three islands in the center of the lake which are Star Hotel Business Task Island, Leisure and Entertainment Theme Park Island and Marina Sports Activities Island. The three islands form city life district, city park landscape belt and urban living area.
- There is also a toroidal symbol ‘drip’ in the center of the lake. The Leisure and Entertainment Theme Park Island is located in the north of the Dishui Lake which covers an area of 23.5 km². It is also the largest “pearl” among the three islands.
- There will be an ocean park on the north island with water world, oasis, game tunnel and blue whale performing arts centers as the plan.
- Also, there will be a landmark building ‘cloud tower’ which is reaching to the sky and help tourists enjoy an overlook at the scenery of Dishui Lake and the East China Sea.
- The winter landscape in Dishui lake is distinctive. The cliffs beside the waterfall will be covered with ice, shrubs will be scattered with ice flowers and the external water will become frozen translucent ice bucket with the water still flowing inside. The sunlight plays upon the surface of the water which will produce indeed a splendid sight. As the temperature of the spring water is constant, the green grass grows blossom in four seasons at the foot of the waterfall.
Activities of Dishui Lake – Shanghai | Cities in China Video
- You can try to the leisure bicycle, motorboat, sailboat, sightseeing boat, and leisure fishing.
Video of Dishui Lake – Shanghai | Cities in China Video
- If you travel down south to visit one of the most tranquil places in Shanghai, your next stop is at Dishui Lake which is a man-made and largest artificial freshwater lake in China located in southeast of Pudong.
- You will see the marvelous architecture of the Crowne Plaza Hotel from above. It is so stylish and elegant looking just like a flower blooming in the water.
- This hotel hosts 330 luxurious and contemporary designed guest rooms with a picturesque lake view.
- As the only island hotel in Shanghai, it owns 100,000 square meters garden area and green fields.
- From driveway leading to the hotel entrance, there is Crowne Plaza Hotel which set on the south island of Dishui Lake.
- This hotel is housed in sleek adjoining buildings that formed in a flower shape. The lobby is stylish and spacious with enough staff to accommodate their guests.
- The highlight of Crowne Plaza Shanghai Harbor City is the meeting and banquet facilities. Guest rooms are spacious fitted with a flat screen TV and minibar.
- Dishui Lake is round in shape with 2.5 kilometers in diameter and there is a structure which represents as the center of the lake located at the center.
- Indulged by the beautiful architectures, they also have outdoor recreational activities include biking, sailing, motorboat, flying kites etc.
Dishui Lake – Shanghai | Cities in China Video is a man-made lake located southeast of Shanghai. Perfect for a weekend getaway for those people who want to escape the bustling city of Shanghai.