KR Market – Flower Market in Bangalore Travel Video
K.R. Market or full name Krishna Rajendra Market, also known as City Market, is the largest wholesale market dealing with commodities in Bangalore, India. The market is located in the Kalasipalya area on Mysore Road at its junction with Krishnarajendra Road. It is the first locality in the whole of Asia to get electricity and considered to be one of the biggest flower markets in Asia.
A new concrete 3-story structure between the two older buildings was built to provide more space for vendors. At the basement is an underground parking above which stand three commodity-specialized floors: flowers and vegetables on the lower ground floor, dry goods on the upper ground floor and tools& machine-tools accessories on the first floor.
K.R. Market is a major hub for some of the cheapest goods where people from all over the state coming here to sell their wares, especially flowers, fruits and vegetables.
How to Go to KR Market – Flower Market in Bangalore Travel Video
- The market is open every day from early morning till night.
- You can take the KR Market bus stand which is the main one and very well-connected. It can be accessed from nearly every bus route in the city.
Features of KR Market – Flower Market in Bangalore Travel Video
- The market is Bangalore’s largest wholesale hub and a commercial lifeline.
- At sunrise, the southern end of Avenue Road becomes the city’s biggest flower market.
- Enjoy the walk in this historical Bengaluru market amidst colorful flowers, fruits and vegetables. Making for a most beautiful sight, the vivid colors and dazzling variety will have you tempted at every turn.
- The sellers handpick the freshest and finest of their collection and bring them to KR Market.
- If you want to buy the freshest fruits and veggies, this KR market is the place to go. The friendly shopkeepers are always up for a bargain.
- You can buy groceries in large quantities in this market.
- You can find gadgets, electronic appliances and accessories for the most reasonable rates.
- The huge piles of every variety fresh-cut flowers and colors covering the streets and sidewalks are a spectacular sight.
- Discover surprises in its many bylines and immerse yourself in the local culture of the place.
- When you finish shopping, you can visit some of the attractions that are situated right in the vicinity of this historical market. These include the Visvesvaraya Industrial,Technological museum, the Tipu Sultan fort and the Lalbagh Botanical Garden.
- A visit here is a great way to get a taste of local life and experience the ambiance of a traditional local market.
Tips from KR Market – Flower Market in Bangalore Travel Video
- The best time to visit the market is in the early morning, when business is at its peak as shopkeepers come to stock up on goods for the day.
- The flower section is a mesmerizing sight that you will definitely want to take photos of KR Market.
- Keep your belongings safe and brace yourself.
You will visit forts, colonial bungalows, rustic old gardens, and the typical Bangalorean bazaars. You can explore the local food, religious and spiritual cultures and myths. Come join us for a never ending saga of explorations around KR Market – Flower Market in Bangalore Travel Video.