Seribu Islands–Jakarta Attractions – Indonesia Travel Video
Pulau Seribu means a “Thousand Islands” consisting of almost 150 small islands located in the Bay of Jakarta in the Java Sea of Western Java of Indonesia. The nature is beautiful, unspoiled and is quite cheap that attracts many local and foreign tourists.
Landscape of Seribu Islands–Jakarta Attractions – Indonesia Travel Video
- The Thousand Islands are a chain of islands to the north of Jakarta’s coast. It forms the only regency of Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia. It consists of a string of 108 islands stretching 45 km north into the Java Sea at West Jakarta Bay and north of Banten Province.
- There are only 13 islands are fully developed: 11 islands are homes to resorts and two islands are historic parks. Twenty-three islands are privately owned and are not open to the public. The rest of the islands are either uninhabited or support a fishing village. On land, the types of plants are either coastal or mangrove forests.
Highlight of Seribu Islands–Jakarta Attractions – Indonesia Travel Video
- The surrounding reefs are home to a wide variety of fishes, making Pulau Seribu an ideal spot for diving, snorkeling and fishing.
- If you want to go to a beautiful beach but only have time during the weekend, Kepulauan Seribu (Thousand Islands) is the place to go to.
- Some of the islands is this group developed for tourism are Pulau Bidadari, Pulau Ayer, Sepa, Coconut, Pelangi, Bira, Pantara, Kul-kul and Pulau Putri. There are also cabins or bungalows for tourists, besides golden beaches fringed with coconut palms.
- The surrounding waters are a paradise for skin divers. Diving and snorkeling are the two most popular past times for tourists. They are filled with a myriad of tropical fish, which live among the multicolored corals.
- They are filled with a myriad of tropical fish, which live among the multicolored corals. The Pulau Putri Paradise Co. has developed Pulau Putri, Pulau Melintang, Pulau Petondang and Pulau Papa Theo as a holiday resort with cottages, restaurants, diving and sailing facilities.
- The islands are a snorkeling haven and watersports playground in particular for the inhabitants of the metropolitan city.
- If you’re stuck in Jakarta and Jakarta nightlife is getting too much for you then Pulau Seribu is the place to go to.
- One eighth of the area is designated as a conservation area. It is the hatching site of the endangered hawksbill sea turtle and green sea turtle. This area also has big coral reefs and other sea species include many types of seaweed.
- The Thousand Islands are the natural water and beach playgrounds for Jakarta citizens. Each island offers different types of recreation from just beach combing, boating, jet skiing and snorkeling, to fishing and scuba-diving further out to sea.
- You can explore in archaeological parks as well as nature reserves for breeding of hawksbill turtles and protection of mangrove forests.
- Several types of flora and fauna frequently found in the Thousand Islands include coral reefs, starfish, sand starfish, Betok fish and ornamental fish such as the Sargent Major fish.
- Fishing is best among these furthermore islands of the Palau Seribu archipelago.
Getting Around in Seribu Islands–Jakarta Attractions – Indonesia Travel Video
- Most of these are inhabited and can be reached in about 1 – 2 hours from Marina Ancol by ferry or by chartered board.
- It is possible to do some island hopping once you have arrived in Pulau Seribu. There is a small ferry that operates between some of the main islands. Alternatively, you can rent a small private boat.
- If you are looking at low budget options, take a boat from Muara Angke. For more comfortable trips, depart from Marina Ancol or Pantai Mutiara.
- Before your flight lands in Jakarta’s Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, you can clearly see the islands with white coasts, and green but not-so-thick forests which are in contrast with mainland Jakarta’s concrete jungle.
- To get to Tidung or Pramuka, board a boat from Muara Angke Port. The boat only leaves Jakarta once a day. From Jakarta to the islands the boat leaves at 7 in the morning. If you want a more comfortable and faster alternative, you can depart from Ancol Marina Port by speedboat.
Seribu Islands–Jakarta Attractions – Indonesia Travel Video provides this tropical island when you need to reload before plunging back into hectic Jakarta.