Stir Fried Macaroni with Green Curry and Shrimps [Macaroni Pad Kaew Whan]
This menu is an adaptation of Thai recipe. This is a spicy macaroni which taste a little sweet. The Thai green curry ends up being a light sauce to put over the macaroni.
200 grams macaroni
100 grams shrimps
80 grams Thai green curry paste
50 grams pea eggplants
2 baby corns
3 lemon leaves
2 tbsp. cooking oil
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
100 ml. Coconut Milk
25 grams chilies
50 grams basil
1-2 tbsp. fish sauce
2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tbsp. salt
1. Heat up the water until rapid boiled and cook macaroni until al dente’. Remove and drain.
2. Warm oil and add 2 tbsp. of green curry paste in a large wok over medium heat. Then add prepared shrimps, then stir fry until cooked.
3. Add sliced baby corn, pea eggplants and lemon leaves. Then season with sugar and fish sauce. Stir until the curry paste has incorporated with the oil. Add some water in this step.
4. Add coconut milk, and add another tablespoon or so of green curry, to your liking. Then add the chilies to the wok. Cook until the veggies are tender-crisp. Add the prepared macaroni, stir until mixed. Sprinkle with basil leaves.
5. Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving plate.
[pro_ad_display_adzone id=”3185″ padding=”1″ border=”20″ background=”1″ flyin=”1″ flyin_position=”bottom-right”]