Sweet and Sour Fried Eggs [Khai Dao Look Koey]
The main ingredient of this dish is egg which we commonly find it, so this what we do with the egg is to fried and make a sweet and sour sauce.
* 4 chicken or duck eggs
* 3/4 cup tamarind juice
* 1/4 cup palm sugar (or brown sugar)
* 1/4 cup fish sauce
* 1/4 cup of cooking oil
* 10-15 shallots, sliced thinly
* 10-15 gloves garlic
* coriander leaves (for garnishing)
1. Chopped garlic (thinly sliced), red onion (thinly sliced).
2. Heat oil in a wok, and fry the all eggs (one at a time) until crispy and turns to yellow color. Then put the fried eggs in a serving plate and put it aside for now
3. Heat oil in a wok and fry the sliced shallots until brown. Be careful not to burn it, then put it in a bowl and put it aside as well.
4. Then fry the sliced shallots until brown, put it in a bowl and put it aside as well.
5. Use the left over oil from eggs and onion. Add palm sugar, tamarind juice and fish sauce.
5. Pour the tamarind sauce over fried eggs
6. Sprinkle with the fried shallots and garlics.
7. Before serving, garnish with fresh coriander leaves on top and serve immediately.
[pro_ad_display_adzone id=”3185″ padding=”1″ border=”20″ background=”1″ flyin=”1″ flyin_position=”bottom-right”]