The Road Facing the Port–Sihanoukville – Cambodia Travel Video
This part of the coastal road is the market where the deep sea port is situated. The road is the National Highway 4 and Sihanoukville’s artery Ekareach Street which is near the port.
The highly garish and impossible to miss Golden Lions Roundabout sits at the top of the hill where Serendipity Beach Rd heads down to the sea.
The monument is made up of two gleaming golden lions: the male lion stands proud with mouth open while his crouching lioness looks calm and benevolent.
The Golden Lions Monument is the most recognizable landmark in the city of Sihanoukville in Southern Cambodia. Locally referred to as Vimean Tao Meas in Khmer, the monument is hard to miss since it is in the middle of a roundabout highway that leads to the famous Sokha, Serendipity and Ochheuteal beaches.
This is a major tourism thoroughfare in this rather very tiny city. Surrounding this prominent monument are hotels, seafood restaurants, karaoke bars, and guesthouses.
SihanoukVille is the biggest seaside resort town in Cambodia. It is located on the coast of Cambodia, about halfway between Thailand and Vietnam, on the Bay of Thailand. It is the main tourist port for the country with seaside, Hills, Islands, Casinos and Restaurants.
Winter in SihanoukVille is the best! Low season (rainy season) is between the end of July until the end of October. March to June starts to get hotter and more humid, but not too much rain.
The center of town itself doesn’t offer much to see. On the edge of town is Otres Marina situated on the Ou Tro jet river mangrove swamp and Otres temple can be visited.
Getting to Port–Sihanoukville – Cambodia Travel Video
- From Thailand, you can take 45 minutes flight from Bangkok to Phnom Penh. Then another 3 to 5 hours by private taxi or bus to SihanoukVille.
- Or take a bus or car for 4 hours from Koh Kong, at the South-Eastern Thai border near Trat to SihanoukVille.
- From Vietnam, just fly from Saigon or Hanoi to Phnom Penh and then by bus or taxi or boat across the Cambodia/Vietnam border to Phnom Penh, and then a 4 hour ride by bus or taxi to get here.
- Flights arrive from Angkor Wat every few days in the afternoon at the SihanoukVille Airport. Flights will be coming from Phnom Penh, Vietnam, Bangkok, and Korea.
- Easiest way is just to hop on a cruise ship from Australia or Singapore and stop by town for the day on your travel.
- There are shopping areas, banking, medical and all other services. From here, it is only 5 minute drive to most beaches. The only tourist beach not close is Otres Beach, which is another 5 to 10 minutes further.
- No public transportation, but you can walk, ride a rented bicycle, rent a motorcycle, ride on the back of a motodup (motorcycle taxi), hop on a tuk tuk (a cart pulled by a motorcycle), or by private car.
Highlight Beaches of Port–Sihanoukville – Cambodia Travel Video
- Ochheuteal Beach is a long, narrow strip of white sand beach and the most developed tourist beach in Sihanoukville. This popular beach is growing nightlife making it one of the party beaches of South East Asia.
- Otres Beach is an amazing 4km long stretch of clean, white sands with less crowded and definitely more relaxed than other beaches in Sihanoukville. It is a great place for lazy sunbathing, partying, catamarans, windsurfing, kayaks, various boat trips, buggy cars, bicycles and jet skis.
- Otres Market is the late night market at Otres beach. It is a way to spend your Saturday evenings with live music shows and food stalls.
Destinations of Port–Sihanoukville – Cambodia Travel Video
- Kampong Pier Nup Lok is the old fishing port which offers some nice views located 2 km north of the commercial port.
- Ream National Park is a wonderful mangrove nature reserve about 30 minutes driving from Sihanoukville.
- Koh Russei or Bamboo Island is a green, gilt-edged crescent, resting on emerald or blue water. It is really a jewel of a beach with fine pink or ochre sand and a deep and mysterious forest.
- Koh Rong is located about 25 kilometers from Sihanoukville, in the Gulf of Thailand. The island has 43 km of beautiful sandy beaches along both its Eastern and Western shores.
- Buddy Land Water Park is the first and unique water park in Sihanoukville. It has a 12 meter high water slide and a large pool with different sized water balls.
Activities of Port–Sihanoukville – Cambodia Travel Video
- Ride Cambodia Motorcycle Tours based in Sihanoukville at the bottom of Serendipity Beach Road by the pier, they run single day trips out into the jungle and also run multi day trips across all of Cambodia. If you can ride a bike and fancy an adventure then this is the activity for you.
- There are lots of coral and fish in many islands off the Cambodian coast for Scuba Diving. All the dive boats in Cambodia leave from the Sihanoukville port area. There are 4 PADI Dive Centers which provide a range of diving and snorkeling services.
- Golden Spa & Massage offers a wide variety of massages as well as nail care and body scrubs.
- The snorkeling for best visibility corals and fish is at Koh Ta Kiev.
- Fishing Marlin and barracuda are the main sport fish in the seas off Sihanoukville and its islands.
- Kayaking the mangrove lined Ou Trojak Jet river is a refreshing break from the hustle and bustle of the beach.
- The mangrove lined Ou Trojak Jet river runs from Otres pagoda to Otres beach is Sihanoukville’s longest river popular with both canoeists and anglers.
- Restaurants along the south bank of the river serve fresh seafood supplied by the local inshore fishing boats.
Port–Sihanoukville – Cambodia Travel Video reveals its virgin, private and intimate characteristics make it the best high-end development exclusive sites.