Travelogue for Shëngjin-Lezhë 2nd Draft – Albania Travel Video
Shëngjin is a coastal town and a former municipality in the Lezhë County, northwestern Albania and is a growing tourist destination, well known for its beaches and resort accommodations. Shëngjin is one of many cities within the District of Lezhë and is home to one of Albania’s entry ports, Port of Shëngjin.
Lezhë is a town and municipality in northwest Albania, in the county with the same name. In ancient history it was an ancient Greek colony named Lissus. The latter is an Archaeological Park of Albania. Lezhë County is one of the 12 counties of Albania and its capital is the city Lezhë. Lezhë is a small city in Coastal Albania in Albania, and part of the historic Mirdita region. Lately there has been new development in terms of seaside hotels and countryside guesthouses.
Lezhë is about 8 km far from the excellent beach of Shengjin (Saint-Gean), and about 30 km south of Shkodra, and 50 km north of Tirana. With the newer construction of the highway that goes aside this city, it is nicely connected with major cities.
Video Maker Ideas|Travelogue for Shëngjin-Lezhë 2nd Draft – Albania Travel Video
This video is a travelogue in two northwest places in Albania. Each of these places is offering amazing beauties. I took a seven day trip over there and I had the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful Adriatic Sea, amazing sand beaches and in the other city there are a lot of historical monuments, museums and ancient castles. The Adriatic Sea is a body of water separating the Italian Peninsula from the Balkan peninsula and the Apennine Mountains from the Dinaric Alps and adjacent ranges and is in the northernmost arm of the Mediterranean Sea. The countries with coasts on the Adriatic are Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Greece, Italy, Montenegro and Slovenia. And of course at the end of the day I just relax and sit on the beach, watch the sunset and listen to the sound of the sea.
Features of Travelogue for Shëngjin-Lezhë 2nd Draft – Albania Travel Video
- Shëngjin is located approximately 100 meters away from the waters of the Adriatic Sea, and below a mountain side called Rrenci.
- Shëngjin is also located approximately 60 km from the Tirana Mother Teresa International Airport.
- Shëngjin offers a wide arrange of environmentally friendly activities. To the south of the city is a nature preserves which offers a beautiful and undisturbed place to enjoy the natural surroundings of wetlands and seafront. Similarly, just north of city center also offers a wonderful experience of rural and undeveloped sand dunes along the coastline.
- Shengjin Albania offers some of the best fishing grounds that ensure that there is a balance between the rate of fishing and the frequent of fishing so that to ensure there is no too much loss of fish from the sea.
- Shengjin is a growing beach town located in Northwest Albania well known for its Adriatic coastline and tourist accommodations.
- Shengjin is quickly becoming one of the must see locations in Albania for day trippers or those looking for a relaxing getaway by the coast.
- Shengjin’s district, Lezhe, has thousands of years of history that has provided this beach city with a unique Mediterranean culture.
- Home to some of the most historic and heroic moments in Albania’s history, the Lezhe district has become well known for its history as much as its sandy coastline.
- The people of Shengjin, like the rest of the people of Albania, are known for their hospitality.
Transportations of Travelogue for Shëngjin-Lezhë 2nd Draft – Albania Travel Video
- In the summer months it is possible to take a bus between Shengjin and neighboring city Lezhe. The location for bus drop-offs and pick-ups are throughout the city of Shengjin and Lezhe.
- Taxi/Furgon: Furgons (or minivan taxis) run year around from Shengjin to neighboring city Lezhe. The locations for furgons drop-offs and pick-ups are throughout the city of Shengjin and Lezhe.
- The ferry connection with Brindisi was re-instated in June 2015 running twice a week by European Seaways during the summer.
- Most visitors get around Shengjin by walking along the make road or along the coastline. However, it is possible to take a bus, taxi, or furgon throughout the city.
- If you wish to travel within the city, make it clear to the driver where you want to go, or else you may be taken out of town on the more typical transportation routes.
Things to Do in Travelogue for Shëngjin-Lezhë 2nd Draft – Albania Travel Video
- Beaches-Shengjin’s coastline offers a great beach experience with great views to the Adriatic Sea.
- Rana e Hedhun- This is an undeveloped stretch of coastline just north of the city well known for its sand dunes and seascape near the mountain ridge.
- Kune & Vain (Laguna) – Located just south of the city, this area is well known for its natural beauty and wildlife.
- Mountains- The surrounding mountain ridge provides great views to the sea as well as the city
- Shengjin offers a wide arrange of outdoor activities including: fishing, hunting, camping and hiking.
- The memorial of Gjergj Kastrioti Skënderbeu (George Kastrioti), an Albanian national hero, is located in Lezhë. It is a beautiful memorial of a person that fought during 15th century against Turkish invaders.
- Kisha Zoja Nunciata: 800-year-old Franciscan Church on the hill overlooking town.
- Katerdrale Shen Nikollit: Newly built modern cathedral in the town’s center.
- Lezha Castle at top of the hill overlooking the city
- Shengjin Beach and surrounding wetlands reserve / birdwatching area of Kune-Vain-Tale
- The famous hunting lodge in Ishull Lezhe.
- Take part in the annual Emigrant Day in Lezha!
- Kayak along the Fan River
- Visit Kthelle Regional Nature Park off the A1 Motorway
- Visit the Gurra Domgjon natural water source
- Refresh yourself with the cold and pure water of the Mirdita highlands
You can enjoy the beautiful Adriatic Sea, amazing sand beaches and historical monuments in Travelogue for Shëngjin-Lezhë 2nd Draft – Albania Travel Video.